For more information contact:
Pastor MUTESI MARIE Providence
Women’s Ministry centers on meeting the spiritual needs of Christian women and helping them to grow in their faith in Jesus Christ. The word ministry comes from the Greek word ‘diakoneo’ literally meaning “to serve.” Women’s Ministry exists to serve women and to teach women how to minister to others. It is action based and focuses on living a Godly life with guidance from the Bible.
The commonality of having a women’s minister in Christian churches has increased over the past few decades. A women’s minister is often a volunteer from the congregation or a church staff member, responsible for coordinating and leading events specifically for women. Some of their tasks might include hosting Bible studies, retreats, service projects or gathering events. Their primary goal is to assemble the women of the church to share time growing in their spiritual knowledge and love of God.
Summary of departmental objectives
- Ensuring the spiritual guidance of all mothers of the parish.
- Organize spiritual activities to involve and integrate all the sisters.
- Reaching women of the church and through them the women around us who are in need and who do not know the Lord Jesus Christ.
- Giving women of good instructions, to be chaste, sensible, good and friendly.
- For brides, they learn to love their husbands and children.
- For singles, teach them how to live a good celibacy with Jesus Christ.
- Learn how the sisters all live holiness, sober, faithful in all things.
- In short, learn how to live in the fear of the Lord our God.
- Organize seminars and conferences moms to ensure their full development.
- Provide monthly report to the pastor and parish council
- Provide annual report to the General Assembly.
Schedule of Events
- A prayer meeting sisters per month;
- A mini retreat with fasting and prayer after each month.
- Visit of sisters who are in need
- A Mother’s Day organized annually where the worship program is run exclusively by the sisters with a speaker of their choice in accordance with the pastor.
- Attend and participate in women’s retreats of our metropolitan district and women’s pensions in our community.